Sunday 23 February 2014

Manchester Mistress Lady Cornelia's (and Headmistress) little Grammar School Boy Caning Story...

On the day in question I was argumentative and rather abrupt to Miss Teressa, our history teacher. She had sent me to the secretary with a form citing impertinence. It was the second term and I had already visited the office with forms several times so I suspected I might be near the mark. I walked along the corridor and rang the bell at the reception window. Mrs Green answered the window. She took the form and disappeared. A short while later she returned with my record card. She started writing on it and then told me the news I had dreaded. I was told that Miss Cornelia had deemed impertinence as an automatic caning offence and I was told to wait outside Mrs Cornelia's office.

Mrs Green told me that Miss Cornelia was already dealing with one pupil and she would call me when she was ready. I walked round to Miss Cornelia's office and waited outside. I could hear Miss Cornelia’s raised voice before it went quiet. Then I heard the sound of the cane swishing and heard a boy yelping out loud. I heard four strokes. My stomach churned and my knees felt shaky. I was waiting for several minutes before the door opened and a first year boy staggered out rubbing his bottom.

Shortly after Miss Cornelia opened her door and told me to enter. The office was large and sparsely furnished. I noticed that a chair was placed in the middle of the room. Miss Cornelia walked to her desk and asked me what I had done to be reported to her. She looked at my record card. Then she started the lecture.

I was told that being insolent and rude to a teacher left her with no option but the cane. I started shaking with fear and trepidation. Then she walked over to the cupboard and opened it. I saw a row of crook handled canes on hooks inside. She selected one of the medium sized ones, about 3 feet long and as thick as my little finger. She took out a book as well. She marched back to her desk and started writing in the book.

Finally she picked up the cane and I was told to remove my blazer. I was ordered to bend over the back of a chair in the middle of the office. Miss Cornelia made me stand with my feet apart and adjusted my posture until she was happy with how I was bent over. Then she stood by my left hand side. I was warned not to stand up or move or extra strokes would follow. Then I felt the cane touch my bottom. I tensed and waited for the pain I was sure would follow. Then I felt a tap before I heard the swish as it came down. It hit my bottom very hard but I did not feel anything immediately. Then the pain started and it felt like a hot line burning on my bottom. Miss Cornelia repeated the action four more times and I was yelping well. Tears were rolling down my face. Then I got the final stroke. I felt the tapping before I heard the swish. Then it came down on the base of my bottom, the hardest stroke by far. I arched my back and only just remembered not to stand.

Miss Cornelia then walked away and told me to stand up and get dressed. I carefully stood up before being asked to sign the punishment book. I was warned that any future canings would be more severe before I was dismissed. I staggered out and grasped my bum, rubbing it hard. My visit to Miss Cornelia confirmed what I had been told by my friends. She was truly a fearsome lady and I did not wish a repeat visit. However, hard as I tried to behave, I did get two more canings from her. And each one was worse than the previous and all three still live in my memory today.

http://www.mistressladycornelia.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment